Most lawyers recognize the numerous benefits of physical fitness but find it hard to squeeze such activities into a busy professional and personal life. This website provides resources that will help lawyers to identify activities in their cities and, hopefully, make it easier for them to jump in and participate.
Lawyers Showing Us How They Stay Well Physically
How do you stay well physically while balancing a demanding career? Maybe you host a yoga class in your law office, or maybe you're a judge that brings your TRX equipment to your chambers for a quick workout. Maybe you do yoga or meditation at your desk. We want to see! Create a short video (1-2 minutes) and send it to us here, and we'll post it as inspiration for others!
- Mike Monahan has been a member of the State Bar of Georgia since 1989. This is his #LawyersLivingWell video clip. It's a sample of a whole body workout. Mike says, "Normally, you'd do 10 reps of each, then 9, 8, 7 and so on. It's challenging!"
Fun Activities Around the State
There are many opportunities for lawyers to participate in physical fitness activities both in Atlanta and around the state, e.g., running, biking, golfing, tennis, yoga, swimming, bowling, etc. Running websites provide information about races of many different distances. Local bar websites are good sources of information about other types of activities in your area.
Atlanta Area Activities
Atlanta Track Club (running)
- Big Peach (running)
- 11 Free Places to Exercise in Atlanta
- Georgia Running Trails and Maps
- Golf Listings Around Georgia
- Great Places to Bike in Georgia
- Phidippides (running)
- Swimming in Georgia State Parks
- Tennis Courts in and Around Atlanta
- The Atlanta Beltline
West Stride Calendar &
West Stride Runs (running)
Activities Around the State
- Annual Cycling Events in Georgia
- Explore Georgia's Fun County Parks
- Fitness Competitions Search
- Georgia Mud Runs & Obstacle Races
- Georgia Ride Bicycling Event Calendar
- Georgia Runner (running)
- Natural Bodybuilding Events
- Run Georgia (running)
- Triathlons in Georgia
- Yoga in Georgia
Local & Voluntary Bar Associations
Don't forget that the local and voluntary bars in your area offer great fitness opportunities, from golf tournaments to races. Be sure to check them out! (A list of local and voluntary bars can be found here.)
Miscellaneous Physical Well-Being Articles
- 15 Ways to Improve Your Fitness
- Five Corporate Workplace Well-Being Trends to Watch in 2018
- Lawyer Well-Being: Creating A Movement To Improve The Legal Profession
- Living Fit: Lawyers Find Ways to Stay Active, Make Healthy Choices
- 6 Tips To Stay Fit At Your Firm
- 6 Ways to Practice Mindful Eating
Wellness Partners // Discounts!
To make it even easier for you to start (or continue) an exercise program, many organizations are offering discounts to State Bar members (just be sure to mention that you are a Georgia lawyer!)
Health, Exercise, Diet
Physical wellness involves aspects of life that are necessary to keep yourself in top condition. Optimal physical wellness is developed through the combination of beneficial physical activity/exercise and healthy eating habits.
- Forget the Excuses: 5 Ways Lawyers Can Fit in Exercise
- Healthy For Good Recipes
- How To Get A Gym Membership Really Cheap
- Lawyers Who Lunch: Finding Time for Fitness
- Staying Healthy: 10 Tips for Traveling Lawyers
- Preventing Heart Disease: Healthy Living Habits
Looking for a location near you to have your blood pressure checked? Click here!