If you are suffering from depression, stress, alcohol or drug abuse, family problems or psychological issues and need immediate, confidential help, call 800-327-9631.
Georgia Lawyers Helping Lawyers is a new confidential peer-to-peer program that will provide colleagues who are suffering from stress, depression, addiction or other personal issues in their lives, with a fellow Bar member to be there, listen and help. Visit www.GeorgiaLHL.org for more information.
- ABA Launches Pledge Campaign to Improve Mental Health and Well-Being of Lawyers
- ABA: Mental Well-Being of Lawyers Must be a Priority
- A Call to Action: The Path to Lawyer Well-Being
- Best Way to Deal With Stress? Chillax! (pg. 8)
- Firms Sign ABA Pledge to Tackle Lawyer Mental Health and Substance-Use Issues
- Five Simple Steps to Reduce Stigma About Mental Illness
- Lawyer Well-Being: Creating A Movement To Improve the Legal Profession
- Lawyer Well-Being is Focus of ABA Proposal
- New ABA Book Explores Concept of Emotional Intelligence to Improve Lawyer Performance, Well-Being
- Ten Ways to Improve Mental Health at Work (Yours and Other People's)
- The Real Reasons for Big Law's Mental Health Problem
- The Time to Help Lawyers with Mental Health Services is Now, New Report Say
- Voices of Recovery (podcast)
- American Psychiatric Association: What is depression?
- Depression and the Black Superwoman Syndrome
- Depression Symptoms and Types
- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Growing Up With Depression in the African American Community
- Lawyers With Depression: Why Are Lawyers So Unhappy?
- Myths and Facts About Depression
- Ten Natural Depression Treatments
- The Full Weight of the Law: How Legal Professionals Can Recognize and Rebound from Depression (book)
- Break the Silence | Domestic Violence PSA (video)
- How to Help
- Signs of Domestic Violence
- Treatment and Management
- What is Domestic Violence?
- Atlanta, GA Domestic Violence Programs
- Center Against Domestic Violence
- Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Georgia Commission on Family Violence: Georgia Domestic Violence Benchbook
- Georgia Legal Aid: Domestic Violence
- Joyful Heart Foundation
- National Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors and their Loved Ones
- Statewide Domestic Violence Hotline
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- The National Domestic Violence Pro Bono Directory
- ABA Study: The Prevalence of Substance Use and Other Mental Health Concerns Among American Attorneys
- Signs and Symptoms of Addiction
- The Lawyer, The Addict (article) from The Addicted Lawyer: Tales Of The Bar, Booze, Blow & Redemption by Brian Cuban (book)
- The Most Terrifying Part of My Drug Addiction? That My Law Firm Would Find Out.
- The Way Americans Drink Alcohol Is Changing and Experts Are Worried
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs
- Narcotics Anonymous
- SMART Recovery - Self-Management and Recovery Training
- The Other Bar
Burnout, Compassion Fatigue and Stress
- Depression: What is Burnout?
- Eleven Signs and Symptoms of Too Much Stress
- Recognizing Compassion Fatigue
- Seven Reasons Why Practicing Law Might Be More Stressful Than Spending 18 Months in a POW Camp
- Stress Management Health Center
- Ten Ways to Treat Burnout (and How To Avoid It Altogether)
- Test Your Symptoms of Burnout
- The American Institute of Stress: What is Compassion Fatigue?
- The American Institute of Stress: What is Stress?
- The Cost of Caring: 10 Ways to Prevent Compassion Fatigue
- Compassion Fatigue
- Anxiety | Smarter Parenting
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- Mental Health America of Georgia
- What is a compulsive behavior?
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Symptoms, Causes and Effects
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Treatment Program Options
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: When Unwanted Thoughts Take Over
- Good Therapy.org: Top 10 Resources for Obsessions and Compulsions
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Community Resources
- OCD Georgia
- OCD Resources
Introduction to Mindfulness for Lawyers
- How lawyers can bring mindfulness into their practice (podcast with transcript)
- Mindful Lawyering
- Mindfulness For Lawyers: Expectations vs. Reality
- The Contemplative Lawyer: On the Potential Contributions of Mindfulness Meditation to Law Students, Lawyers and their Clients
- The Mindful Lawyer: Mindfulness Meditation and Law Practice
- What is Mindfulness? Explained. (20 Definitions That Clarify Mindfulness)
- Gratitude (video)
- Mindful: Taking Time for What Matters
- The Law Program Archive of the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society
- 3 Things Lawyers and Other Professionals Can Do Right Now To Bring Mindfulness to Work
- Biglaw Firm Impresses Associates (And Staff) With Enhanced Parental Leave Policy Wow! Which firm just rolled out a fully paid, gender-neutral policy, with additional time off?
- Greater Good | The Science of a Meaningful Life
- 6 Tips for Better Work-Life Balance
- The Science of Well-Being and the Legal Profession
- What is work-life balance?