If you are suffering from depression, stress, alcohol or drug abuse, family problems or psychological issues and need immediate, confidential help, call 800-327-9631.
Georgia Lawyers Helping Lawyers is a new confidential peer-to-peer program that will provide colleagues who are suffering from stress, depression, addiction or other personal issues in their lives, with a fellow Bar member to be there, listen and help. Visit www.GeorgiaLHL.org for more information.
- NEW: How to Find the Right Therapist for You | Real Simple
- Lawyers Reveal True Depth of Mental Health Struggles
- Coping with Grief During the Holidays
- Finding Light in the Darkness (By posting this video, the State Bar of Georgia is not endorsing or promoting any particular faith or religion. Our goal is to provide helpful resources to our members through the Lawyers Living Well Program.)
- ABA: Mental Well-Being of Lawyers Must be a Priority
- ABA: Working Group to Advance Well-Being in the Legal Profession
- A Call to Action: The Path to Lawyer Well-Being
- Best Way to Deal With Stress? Chillax! (pg. 8)
- Emotional First Aid (video)
- Firms Sign ABA Pledge to Tackle Lawyer Mental Health and Substance-Use Issues
- Five Simple Steps to Reduce Stigma About Mental Illness
- Lawyer Well-Being: Creating A Movement To Improve the Legal Profession
- Lawyer Well-Being is Focus of ABA Proposal
- New ABA Book Explores Concept of Emotional Intelligence to Improve Lawyer Performance, Well-Being
- NYSBA: Attorney Wellness
- Ten Ways to Improve Mental Health at Work (Yours and Other People's)
- The Real Reasons for Big Law's Mental Health Problem
- The Time to Help Lawyers with Mental Health Services is Now, New Report Say
- Voices of Recovery (podcast)
- Depression Factors (Harvard Medical School)
- American Psychiatric Association: What is depression?
- Depression and the Black Superwoman Syndrome
- Depression Symptoms and Types
- Diagnosis and Treatment
- Growing Up With Depression in the African American Community
- High Functioning Depression (video)
- Lawyers With Depression: Why Are Lawyers So Unhappy?
- Myths and Facts About Depression
- Ten Natural Depression Treatments
- The Full Weight of the Law: How Legal Professionals Can Recognize and Rebound from Depression (book)
- Break the Silence | Domestic Violence PSA (video)
- How to Help
- Signs of Domestic Violence
- Treatment and Management
- What is Domestic Violence?
- Atlanta, GA Domestic Violence Programs
- Center Against Domestic Violence
- Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Georgia Commission on Family Violence: Georgia Domestic Violence Benchbook
- Georgia Legal Aid: Domestic Violence
- Joyful Heart Foundation
- National Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors and their Loved Ones
- Statewide Domestic Violence Hotline
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- The National Domestic Violence Pro Bono Directory
- "Something Had to Change" (Oregon State Bar)
- ABA Study: The Prevalence of Substance Use and Other Mental Health Concerns Among American Attorneys
- Signs and Symptoms of Addiction
- The Lawyer, The Addict (article) from The Addicted Lawyer: Tales Of The Bar, Booze, Blow & Redemption by Brian Cuban (book)
- The Most Terrifying Part of My Drug Addiction? That My Law Firm Would Find Out.
- The Way Americans Drink Alcohol Is Changing and Experts Are Worried
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs
- Narcotics Anonymous
- SMART Recovery - Self-Management and Recovery Training
- The Other Bar
Burnout, Compassion Fatigue and Stress
- Depression: What is Burnout?
- Eleven Signs and Symptoms of Too Much Stress
- Recognizing Compassion Fatigue
- Seven Reasons Why Practicing Law Might Be More Stressful Than Spending 18 Months in a POW Camp
- Stress Management Health Center
- Ten Ways to Treat Burnout (and How To Avoid It Altogether)
- Test Your Symptoms of Burnout
- The American Institute of Stress: What is Compassion Fatigue?
- The American Institute of Stress: What is Stress?
- The Cost of Caring: 10 Ways to Prevent Compassion Fatigue
- Compassion Fatigue
- Anxiety | Smarter Parenting
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- Mental Health America of Georgia
- What is a compulsive behavior?
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Symptoms, Causes and Effects
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Treatment Program Options
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: When Unwanted Thoughts Take Over
- Good Therapy.org: Top 10 Resources for Obsessions and Compulsions
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Community Resources
- OCD Georgia
- OCD Resources
Introduction to Mindfulness for Lawyers
- How lawyers can bring mindfulness into their practice (podcast with transcript)
- Mindful Lawyering
- Mindfulness For Lawyers: Expectations vs. Reality
- The Contemplative Lawyer: On the Potential Contributions of Mindfulness Meditation to Law Students, Lawyers and their Clients
- The Mindful Lawyer: Mindfulness Meditation and Law Practice
- What is Mindfulness? Explained. (20 Definitions That Clarify Mindfulness)
- Gratitude (video)
- Mindful: Taking Time for What Matters
- The Law Program Archive of the Center for Contemplative Mind in Society
- 3 Things Lawyers and Other Professionals Can Do Right Now To Bring Mindfulness to Work
- Avoid Sending Emails Outside Working Hours—Your Colleagues Will Thank You
- Biglaw Firm Impresses Associates (And Staff) With Enhanced Parental Leave Policy Wow! Which firm just rolled out a fully paid, gender-neutral policy, with additional time off?
- Greater Good | The Science of a Meaningful Life
- 6 Tips for Better Work-Life Balance
- The Science of Well-Being and the Legal Profession
- What is work-life balance?