NEW: The State Bar's Wellness Newsletter
The Attorney Wellness Committee is excited to present the first installment of the Lawyers Living Well quarterly newsletter, in which you will find news, resources and articles centered on wellness. You may opt in to receive the newsletter straight to your inbox once a quarter.
Lawyers Living Well Podcast
Lawyers Living Well is a production of the State Bar of Georgia's Attorney Wellness Committee and Lawyer Assistance Program. Lawyers Living Well is a resource for all things wellness, just for lawyers.
Monthly "Touch" Wellness Events
- October 28, 2020: Help Is Out There: Why Don't We Use It?: WATCH
- January 28, 2021: What Happens When You Call? Demystifying the LAP Hotline and #UseYour6: WATCH
- February 25, 2021: Setting the Bar: A Vision Board Party for Lawyers: WATCH
- March 24, 2021: How to Say No to Last-Minute Requests & Feel Good About It: WATCH
- April 29, 2021: We Took the Pledge: Now What? Well-Being in Legal Practice: WATCH
- May 26, 2021: Planting the Seeds of Well-Being: It Starts in Law School: WATCH
- Plus: View selected sources regarding law school and well-being.
Georgia Bar Journal Wellness Articles
Read articles on a variety of wellness topics, published by members of the Attorney Wellness Committee in the bi-monthly Georgia Bar Journal magazine.
February: "Mostly True: The Sam Skelton Story" by Sam Skelton
April: "Mindfulness Meditation to Combat Stress and Promote Civility in the Law" by Danielle "Dani" Berry
June: "The Benefits of Counseling" by Megan Murren Rittle
August: "Why Work-Life Balance is Impossible to Achieve and What We Can Do Instead" by Plamen Russev
October: "Help Is Out There" by Lynn Garson
December: "The Power of a Year in Review" by Tara Simkins
February: "Designing and Living an Integrated Life" by Plamen Russev
April: "Sober Curious" by Megan Murren Rittle
June: "Playing Music, the Brain and the Intellectual Dimension of Lawyer Well-Being" by Eric Ballinger
August: "The Power of Connection and Perspective" by Sam Skelton
October: "Are You OK?" by Candice D. McKinley
December: "A New Resolve on New Year's Resolutions" by Megan Murren Ritle
Are you following us yet? Visit the Bar's social media pages via the links on the left, and follow or subscribe to receive the latest news on wellness.
Recommended Wellness Podcasts
- Lawyers' Voices of Recovery
- The Path to Law Student Well-Being
- LegalSpeak (by Law.com) - Wellness episodes by Leigh Jones and Vanessa Blum:
- "One Big Law Attorney's Journey with Depression, One Firm's Response to the Profession's Problem"
- "Inhumane: Big Law Dysfunction Through a Therapist's Lens"
- "'Treat Yourself Like a Client' ... And Other Stress-Free Fitness Tips for Lawyers"
- "Confronting the Mental Health Crisis in the Legal Profession"
"Metta" (Loving-kindness) Meditations
Dani Berry, Georgia attorney and founder of Wellworks Consulting, LLC, shares three "metta" (loving-kindness) meditations produced in partnership with Vista Yoga (a Lawyers Living Well resource). Listen below (7-10 minutes each).
- Metta Meditation with Dani Berry: March 2020
- Metta Meditation with Dani Berry: April 2020
- Metta Meditation with Dani Berry: May 2020
Wellness Presentation Resources
Planning to inform friends and colleagues about the benefits of the Lawyers Living Well initiative at the State Bar of Georgia? Use the below presentation compiled by the Mental Well-Being Subcommittee.