Coming soon: The Lawyers Living Well Podcast!
Beginning in January 2020, enjoy a podcast created and produced by members of the State Bar's Attorney Wellness Committee! Episodes will be posted monthly.
New: Top 10 Articles
See below for each month's most popular article shared through #LawyersLivingWell social media channels and on the Lawyers Living Well website.
Are you following us yet? Visit the Bar's social media pages via the links on the left, and follow or subscribe to receive the latest news on wellness.
Recommended Wellness Podcasts
- Lawyers' Voices of Recovery
- The Path to Law Student Well-Being
- LegalSpeak (by Law.com) - Wellness episodes by Leigh Jones and Vanessa Blum:
- "One Big Law Attorney's Journey with Depression, One Firm's Response to the Profession's Problem"
- "Inhumane: Big Law Dysfunction Through a Therapist's Lens"
- "'Treat Yourself Like a Client' ... And Other Stress-Free Fitness Tips for Lawyers"
- "Confronting the Mental Health Crisis in the Legal Profession"
Praise for Attorney Wellness Events:
From the Report to the State Bar of Georgia Attorney Wellness Committee from the Law Practice Management Program's 2019 Solo and Small Firm Institute:
On Sept. 26-27, the Law Practice Management Program presented its Annual CLE Institute for solo and small firm lawyers to an audience of just over 400 attendees. The Institute continues to enjoy the full support and participation of the State Bar’s Attorney Wellness Committee and its key leaders, Paul Knowlton and Javoyne Hicks. View praise for the event below:
The program was described to the Program Chair [Natalie Kelly] by one of the visiting special guest speakers who travels the nation and participates in multiple wellness programs, as “the most impactful wellness programs he has ever witnessed,” and he complimented the Bar for doing “such a good job in dealing with these types of concerns for lawyers.”