If you wish to volunteer for a judging panel for the 2021 season, you will find all of the information on the "Volunteer for the Program" page.
- Presiding Judge Materials - Read beforehand and have handy for trial. Includes the Script
- Presiding Judge's Ballot for Competition - Presiding Judges will use this to submit items at the end of the trial. If you are also completing a scoresheet as an Evaluator, a link to the Official Scoresheet is included.
- Evaluator Materials - Includes the Trial Guidelines for Evaluators. Read beforehand and have handy for trial.
- Guidance for Scoring a Trial Presentation - Guidance on what to look for from each part of the team's presentation and assigning scores to each portion
- Trial Rosters for Teams - Pull each team's Trial Roster from the Plaintiff and Defense folder for your courtroom
- Official online scoresheet/ballot - The official scoresheet, completed in an online form.
- Blank scoresheet - The generic "green scratchsheet"; to be used only if you want a physical ballot to keep up with during trial. All numbers will need to be entered on the online scoresheet.
Attorneys who volunteer their time for the 2021 Mock Trial season are eligible to claim CLE credit.
For the first round of competition, the following credits are available:
- 1 general CLE hour, 1 Trial Practice hour, 1 Professionalism hour (1,1,0,1)
Attorneys who volunteer for at least four rounds throughout the season are eligible to claim an additional 1 general CLE hour and 1 Trial Practice hour of credit (1,1,0,0).
All applications for CLE credit must be made using the Judging Panel CLE form and sent, along with the appropriate fees, to the Mock Trial office by April 15, 2021.
Since all judging panel service takes place during the 2021 calendar year, CLE credits earned during the 2021 HSMT season will appear on the attorney's 2021 CLE transcript.
With everything being posted above, we are not using the Judging Panel username/password this season.