One of our best Bar benefits has been updated! Fastcase has announced that effective Oct. 7, they have switched their platform from Fastcase 6 to Fastcase 7. Recently, you’ve been able to toggle back and forth between the old and new version. Soon, you will only have the option to use the new version.
Fastcase 7 offers many new features. Here are just a few:
- Bottomless search results: The entire results list displays automatically, you never have to page forward and wait for results to load.
- An ever-present interactive timeline: The interactive timeline automatically displays on search results.
- Updated visuals and search results: Results will automatically display the relevant interactive timeline and the “Bad Law Bot” results which indicate negative treatment.
We know change is hard. We all want to make this transition as easy as possible for you.
To assist you take advantage of one of the following CLE approved Fastcase training opportunities.
- The Law Practice Management Program (LPM) of the State Bar of Georgia holds live interactive Fastcase classes with 2 hours of CLE credit twice a month at the Bar Center in Atlanta. This 2-hour class takes place in the 1st floor training room and covers a comprehensive Overview of Fastcase 7, Boolean (Keyword) Searching" and Interactive Training where attendees practice using Fastcase 7 and ask questions during this time. View the Fastcase 7 CLE calendar.
- LPM also offers "Introduction to Fastcase" live training twice a month at the Bar Center in Atlanta. This hour-long class takes place in the 1st floor training room and is designed for new Fastcase users. The presentations cover basic Fastcase features with a focus on case law searches and statute searches. View the Fastcase 7 CLE calendar.
- Fastcase offers three options for webinar training hosted by a Fastcase attorney; "Introduction to Legal Research on Fastcase 7," "Introduction to Boolean on Fastcase 7" and "Ethics and Legal Research." View the webinars here.
You may find the Fastcase Legal Research App a good alternative to the desktop version.
Winner of the prestigious American Association of Law Libraries (New Product) Award, Fastcase for iOS, Android and Windows Phone is used by more attorneys than any other legal app according to the ABA. Anyone may use the app for free to access Fastcase's comprehensive legal research database to search cases and statutes on the go. Download the app from your device app store.