Rule 4-208.2. Notice of Discipline; Contents; Service
Ethics & Discipline / Current Rules / Part IV (After January 1 / 2001) - Georgia Rules of Professional Conduct (also includes Disciplinary Proceedings and Advisory Opinion rules) / CHAPTER 2 DISCIPLINARY PROCEEDINGS
(a) The Notice of Discipline shall state the following:
(1) The Rules which the Investigative Panel found that the Respondent violated;
(2) The facts which, if unrefuted, support the finding that such Rules have been violated;
(3) The level of public discipline recommended to be imposed;
(4) The reasons why such level of discipline is recommended, including matters considered in mitigation and matters considered in aggravation, and such other considerations deemed by the Investigative Panel to be relevant to such recommendation;
(5) The entire provisions of Bar Rule 4-208.3 relating to rejection of Notice of Discipline. This may be satisfied by attaching a copy of the Rule to the Notice of Discipline and referencing same in the Notice;
(6) A copy of the Memorandum of Grievance; and
(7) A statement of any prior discipline imposed upon the Respondent, including confidential discipline under Bar Rules 4-205 to 4-208.
(b) The original Notice of Discipline shall be filed with the Clerk of the Supreme Court of Georgia, and a copy of the Notice of Discipline shall be served upon the Respondent pursuant to Bar Rule 4-203.1.
(c) This subparagraph is reserved.
(d) This subparagraph is reserved.
(e) This subparagraph is reserved.
(f) This subparagraph is reserved.
(g) The Office of the General Counsel shall file the documents by which service was accomplished with the Clerk of the Supreme Court of Georgia.
(h) The level of disciplinary sanction in any Notice of Discipline rejected by the Respondent or the Office of the General Counsel shall not be binding on the Special Master, the Review Panel or the Supreme Court of Georgia.
GO TO Rule 4-208.1. Notice of Discipline GO TO Rule 4-208.3. Rejection of Notice of Discipline Return to handbook browser.