Section 3. The President-Elect.
The President-Elect shall:
- perform duties delegated to him or her by the President, prescribed by the Board of Governors and as otherwise provided in the Bar Rules and Bylaws;
- upon the absence, death, disability, or resignation of the President, the President-Elect shall preside at all meetings of the State Bar of Georgia and the Board, and shall perform all other duties of the President;
- plan the program for the year in which he or she shall act as President, including activities associated with the inaugural event during the Annual Meeting;
- in planning his or her year, ensure continuity in the program of the State Bar of Georgia for the benefit of the legal profession and the public, and make needed arrangements for the prompt implementation of the program upon taking office as President; and
- serve as an ex-officio member of the Investigative Panel of the State Disciplinary Board.
GO TO Section 2. The President. GO TO Section 4. The Immediate Past President. Return to handbook browser.