Standing Executive Committee Policy 700 (Use of Copyrighted Materials)
Organization of the State Bar & Admissions / Standing Executive Committee Policy 700 (Use of Copyrighted Materials)
Use of Copyrighted Materials (Approved April 10, 2008)
All requests for a license to use materials which are copyrighted by the State Bar shall be referred to the Executive Committee for approval pursuant to this policy.
- Application: Any person seeking a license to use copyrighted material owned by the State Bar shall submit an application, directed to the Executive Committee, which contains the following information:
- The name, address, and contact information (including phone number and email address) of the applicant. If the applicant is acting as an agent, such contact information for his or her principal shall also be provided;
- A brief description of the purpose and context of the intended use of the material, and any reasons why the license should be granted;
- Whether the material is intended for a single use, multiple uses, or continuing use by the applicant;
- The date or dates during which the applicant intends to use the material;
- Whether the material is to be used commercially or noncommercially; and,
- A statement that the applicant will acknowledge the copyright of the State Bar in any reproduction of the all or part of the material.
- A copy of the copyrighted material for which a license is sought shall accompany the application.
- The Executive Committee, by majority vote, shall rule on the application and may attach such terms and conditions on the grant of the license as they deem necessary and desirable.
- In determining whether to grant the requested license the Executive Committee should, among other considerations, determine that:
- The use of the license will not reflect adversely on the State Bar of Georgia,
- The use of the license will be in aid of and not hinder or be inconsistent with the purposes of the State Bar of Georgia as stated in Bar Rule 1-103,
- The use of the license will be in aid of and not inconsistent with conduct that is germane to the legitimate purposes of the State Bar of Georgia, and
- The purpose for which the license will be used will be of general interest and benefit to the members of the State Bar of Georgia.
- No exclusive license shall be provided under this policy and licenses for multiple use or continuing use shall not exceed a term in excess of one year. The Executive Committee, at its sole discretion, may provide for automatic renewal of any license.
- The Executive Committee, at its sole discretion and without cause, may terminate a license at any time by written notice to the grantee.
GO TO Standing Executive Committee Policy 600 (Establishment of Website) GO TO Standing Executive Committee Policy 800 (Fastcase Policy) Return to handbook browser.