Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Transition Into Law Practice Program, State Bar of Georgia
Supervisor: Director, Transition Into Law Practice Program ("TILPP")
Location: Downtown Atlanta Area
Job Type: Part-time Temporary to Full-Time Permanent
Nature of Work
Primary responsibilities are administrative in nature, including, but not limited to the following:
- Handle all correspondence and inquiries of the Program, including compliance emails, and mailings to State Bar members; continuing legal education providers; and parties requesting information;
- Maintain a database of approximately 2500+ mentor-beginning attorney assignments per calendar year;
- Create and maintain a database/library of educational materials, including articles, speeches, books, presentation materials and media;
- Prepare materials and provide assistance for orientations, continuing legal education programs, meetings, receptions and other events that may occur on or off-site;
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies;
- Perform such other activities and responsibilities as assigned by the Director in furtherance of the goals of the Program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity of legal system and profession a plus;
- Capable of working quickly and efficiently with a keen attention to detail;
- Self-starter, the ability to take initiative;
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team;
- Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently and multitask;
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficient in English grammar, punctuation, spelling and diction;
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing;
- Self-assurance; professional appearance and demeanor;
- Sound judgment and even temperament;
- Solid research, analytical and problems solving skills;
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and systems adopted by the department;
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as members and outside vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Three (3) years or more of progressive office experience as an administrative assistant or its equivalent;
- Paralegal training/prior experience as a paralegal a plus;
- Prior work experience in private law firms, government legal departments or bar associations a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Proficiency in Adobe Professional and other programs that could assist the Department in being more efficient;
Occasional in-state travel may be required.
Hours of Work
37.5 hours per week
High 30,000s. Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please follow the below directions completely.
- Send an email with your resume attached to email@example.com.
- In the subject line of the email type "TILPP Admin Position."
- The body of your email should be your cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the legal industry, your experience, your availability for an interview and the best method of contact.
You will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your submission. Please do not send additional inquiries, we will contact you for an interview if you are a viable candidate.
The State Bar of Georgia is a smoke-free environment.