Location: Downtown Atlanta
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
The State Bar of Georgia's Communications Department is seeking a full-time administrative assistant. This person will not only have administrative and clerical duties, but will also be involved in all aspects of the department, including website maintenance, magazine publishing, writing, designing brochures, etc. This is a fast-paced, always evolving environment that requires someone who is innovative and flexible.
Click here to download a full description of the position and its duties.
- Distribute departmental mail and handle incoming calls for the department
- Fulfill requests for State Bar publications and materials
- Maintain subscription databases
- Assist department with all publications, including the
Georgia Bar Journal, Directory & Handbook, Supplemental Directory and various newsletters
- Write the "Bench & Bar" and "In Memoriam" sections of the
Georgia Bar Journal
- Write, design and layout various departmental publications/flyers as assigned
- Assist in content development and maintenance of
- Coordinate committee meetings (send meeting notices, conduct conference calls, take minutes)
- Take photos of events
- College degree preferred
- Operate standard office equipment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite critical
- Knowledge of HTML
- Design skills
- Training in magazine production helpful
- Excellent command of English language and AP Style is required for writing, editing and proofing
- Organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Team player and self-starter
- Committed to exemplary customer service
- Willing to change assignments on short notice
Rate of Pay
Salary is $35,000 plus benefits.
How to Apply
Please follow the below directions completely.
- Send an email with your resume attached to
- In the subject line of the email, type "Communications Department Assistant."
- The body of your email should be your cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the legal industry, your experience, your availability for an interview and the best method of contact.
You will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your submission. Please do not send additional inquiries, we will contact you for an interview if you are a viable candidate. Non-smokers only please.
Job Title: Membership Administrator-Part Time
Position Reports to: Director of Membership
Classification: Non Exempt
Provides administrative support to the 48,000 members of the State Bar of Georgia. Works up to 29 hours weekly.
Some college in business or related area; some general administrative experience; excellent customer services and computer skills.
Responsible for responding to attorney questions by phone and by email.
Responds to emails in the group email box in a timely and accurate manner.
Resolves issues of slight complexity related to dues and other policies.
Ensures accurate and timely entry of address changes into the database.
Processes name change requests from attorneys due to marriage or divorce.
Processes desktop credit cards in an accurate and timely manner.
Investigates and resolves returned U.S. mail and emails as assigned.
Completes data entry for new attorneys and issues bar numbers.
Scans and attaches new member enrollment forms to database record.
Distributes department mail as needed.
Supports Director and Assistant Director in any assigned responsibilities.
Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour
Start Date: February 6, 2017
How to Apply: Send an email with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.