Position: Assistant Director–Content and Design
Department: Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)
Reports to: ICLE Director
To oversee the development, creation, promotion, innovation, management and administration of ICLE internal and external communications. The assistant director of content and design will:
- Analyze marketplace competitiveness and implement expansive strategies in creative branding, persuasive messaging, engaging communications and diversifying channels.
- Ensure that ICLE is effective, consistent and strategic in its overall messaging and manage all department roles that center around ICLE internal and external content.
- Work closely with the learning content management system to ensure that ICLE is maximizing the full potential for the benefit of the department and State Bar of Georgia members.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Develop, coordinate and support ICLE internal and external communications in support of over 100 continuing legal education programs.
- Excellent level written and verbal communication skills.
- Write, edit, proofread and organize content.
- Work collaboratively and manage the department’s content team.
- Oversee the marketing of ICLE programs.
- Assist with the compilation, review and synthesis of department surveys and other data related to ICLE programs to ascertain their impact and assist with improvements.
- Determine and develop strategies to improve messaging, marketing and member care.
- Even temperament, ability to deal with difficult encounters and accept constructive feedback.
- Formulate and manage an effective cross-platform content strategy.
- Oversee strategic plans to increase ICLE’s social media presence and followers.
- Provide creative, editorial and technical support to team members.
- Manage and track web analytics to ascertain content engagement by members.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts.
- Works with senior staff, board members and executive level volunteers.
- Collaborate with ICLE team members and other State Bar of Georgia departments.
- Provide timely and personal attention to the public, State Bar of Georgia staff, members and volunteers.
- Physical labor, which could include lifting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as ability to work early mornings, weekends and evenings, as needed.
- Perform such other activities, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the ICLE director in furtherance of the goals of ICLE.
- Comply with State Bar of Georgia policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to formulate and execute plans efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers.
- Possess self-assurance, professional appearance and demeanor.
- Some knowledge of accounting functions preferred.
- Experience working with attorneys.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with legal system and profession.
- JD or advanced degree required.
- Five or more years, progressive experience working in communications or marketing in a law firm, legal organization or other professional organization.
- Prior work experience in law firms, government legal departments or bar associations.
- Project coordination experience.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications: Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Ability to become familiar with organization specific programs and software.
- High proficiency in Adobe Professional and other programs that could assist the department in being more efficient;
- Proficiency in SQL, social media, organization and time management applications.
In-state and out-of-state travel may be required. Travel expenses reimbursed pursuant to State Bar policies and procedures.
Please follow the below directions completely.
- Send an email attaching your resume and reference list containing three references to: ICLECareers@gabar.org. In the subject line of the email, type “Assistant Director–Content and Design.”
- Please include a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the legal industry, your experience, your availability for an interview and the best method of contact.
- You will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your submission. Please do not send additional inquiries, we will contact you for an interview if you are a viable candidate.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Sept. 22.
back to top of page
Title: Director of Law Practice Management
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Position: Full-time, exempt
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Consult confidentially with Bar members to evaluate office procedures and make recommendations for improving operations and management.
- Advise Bar members on issues relating to personnel, risk management, equipment, accounting and billing procedures, and partnership.
- Consult with Bar members regarding technology issues, including acquisition and/or upgrading systems, technology implementation and end user training.
- Travel extensively when appropriate for consultations, seminars and speaking engagements.
- Serve as a speaker at local Bar association and other events promoting the Law Practice Management Program.
- Develop and participate in CLE seminars, and write articles for the Georgia Bar Journal and other publications.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a resource library.
- Supervise and direct daily activities of the Law Practice Management Program staff.
- Prior work experience in private law firm, government legal department or Bar association required.
- Personal involvement in private sector law firm management or consulting for a minimum of four years within the previous eight years required.
- Law degree or full-time law firm administration strongly desired.
- Please send an email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add “LPM Director Position” as subject line of email.
- Include a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, summary of work experience, at least three references and your contact information.
back to top of page
Find judicial vacancy and government attorney positions here.
The State Bar of Georgia is a smoke-free environment.