Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Operations - ICLE
Starting Salary: Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits
Job Type: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
Location: Downtown Atlanta
Statement of purpose:
The Institute of Continuing Legal Education of the State Bar of Georgia is committed to producing the best educational seminars that will satisfy the annual continuing legal education requirements for attorneys in the state of Georgia. The primary focus of this position is to help provide a great user experience for any person who would like to attend an ICLE seminar.
- Responsible for responding to attorney questions by phone and by email. Resolves issues of medium complexity related to continuing legal education programs (i.e., seminar registration, payments and refunds, posting of CLE credit).
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of seminar registrations.
- Processes database changes necessary to complete seminar registrations and update customer accounts.
- Processes desktop credit card payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Processes contents of SunTrust backup envelope in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborate with several departments within the company.
- Investigates and resolves returned U.S. mail and email.
- Investigates and resolves issues related to unpaid accounts.
- Distributes department mail.
- The position requires physical labor, to include lifting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as the ability to work early mornings, weekends, and evenings, as needed.
- Supports ICLE Director and Assistant Director of Operations in any assigned responsibilities.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a reliable worker in a group and in individual settings
- Must be able to learn how to use registration databases with ease
- Detail oriented
- Meet deadlines and complete assignments
- Even temperament and ability to deal with difficult telephone calls and challenging situations.
- Comply with State Bar policies
- Skills in Microsoft Office product, specifically in Word and Excel, are required for this position.
- Previous knowledge or experience with other databases desired.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Four-year degree in Business, in related field, or comparable experience.
- 3-5 years general administrative experience.
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter with superior organization, communication, and time management skills.
- Strong customer services skills.
- Must be tech-savvy.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, three (3) references and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, your experience, your availability for an interview and how we can contact you. All information should be submitted no later than Friday, May 24, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please type: ICLE Administrator.
back to top of page
The Office of the General Counsel, State Bar of Georgia, is hiring an Assistant General Counsel to investigate and prosecute disciplinary cases against lawyers. Must be a member of the State Bar of Georgia with a minimum of 10 years’ civil litigation experience. Excellent written and oral communication skills, sound judgment, even temperament, and computer literacy required. If interested please send a cover letter and resume to OGChiring@gabar.org. Nonsmokers only, please. Deadline to apply is Fri., June 7.
back to top of page
The State Bar of Georgia is a smoke-free environment.