Administrator | Membership Department
Position: Membership Administrator
Department: Membership, State Bar of Georgia
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Membership
Location: Downtown Atlanta
Job Type: Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
The Membership Administrator provides administrative support to the 50,000+ members of the State Bar of Georgia. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for responding to attorney questions by phone and email. Resolves issues of medium complexity related to membership license fees and Bar policies;
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of several hundred address changes into the database each year;
- Processes database changes necessary to complete name change from attorneys.
- Processes credit card payments in an accurate and timely manner;
- Processes contents of backup documentation from SunTrust bank in an accurate and timely manner;
- Investigates and resolves returned U.S. mail and bounced emails;
- Reviews new member enrollment packages for accuracy. Completes data entry, enters new member information and provides new attorneys with their bar number;
- Scans necessary documentation to member records;
- Opens and distributes department mail;
- Supports director and assistant director in any assigned responsibilities;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity of the legal system and general accounting practices a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience working in customer service;
- Ability to multi-task and work with high volumes;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field preferred;
- 3-5 years general administrative experience.
How to Apply:
- Send an email with your resume attached to email@example.com;
- In the subject of your email type: “Membership Administrator”;
- The body of your email should include your cover letter explaining your interest in the position, summary of experience, your availability for an interview and best method of contact.
The State Bar of Georgia is a smoke-free environment.