Position: Membership Administrator
Department: Membership, State Bar of Georgia
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Membership
Location: Downtown Atlanta
Job Type: Full-Time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: 35K-38K annually. Commensurate with experience.
The Membership Administrator provides administrative support to the 50,000+ members of the State Bar of Georgia. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for responding to attorney questions by phone and email. Resolves issues of medium complexity related to Membership dues and Bar policies;
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of several hundred address changes into the database each year;
- Processes database changes necessary to complete name change from attorneys.
- Processes credit card payments in an accurate and timely manner;
- Processes contents of backup documentation from SunTrust bank in an accurate and timely manner;
- Investigates and resolves returned US mail and bounced emails;
- Reviews new member enrollment packages for accuracy. Completes data entry, enters new member information and provides new attorneys with their bar number;
- Scans necessary documentation to member records;
- Opens and distributes department mail;
- Supports Director and Assistant Director in any assigned responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity of the legal system and general accounting practices a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Experience working in customer service;
- Ability to multi-task and work with high volumes;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field preferred;
- 3-5 years general administrative experience.
How to Apply
- Send an email with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject of your email type: “Membership Administrator”
- The body of your email should include your cover letter explaining your interest in the position, summary of experience, your availability for an interview and best method of contact.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Law Practice Management Program, State Bar of Georgia
Supervisor: Law Practice Management Program Director
Location: Downtown Atlanta
Job Type: Full-Time - 37.5 hours per week
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
The Law Practice Management Program’s Administrative Assistant aides program staff with a variety of administrative and technical tasks in their development and delivery of office management and technology consulting services and resources for State Bar of Georgia members.
- Work independently to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Timely answer queries of Bar members using various communication means
- Manage calendars for department’s staff
- Prepare departmental reports and accounting records
- Manage departmental database and maintain department’s technology tools
- Maintain supplies and track other resources of the department
- Interact with members visiting department for assistance with resources
- Prior work experience in private law firm, government legal department or Bar association required.
- Four-year college degree desired.
- Direct experience with office technology (preferably in a law firm setting) beyond simple word processing strongly desired.
How to Apply:
- Send an email with resume to email@example.com
- Add “Administrative Assistant Position” as subject line of email
- Include a cover letter explaining interest in the position, summary of work experience and contact information in body of email